Adult Education (AE) in Fayette County is a program for adults who want to improve basic skills to enable them to build skills for success. The AE program is designed to assist any adult student in a variety of areas from basic skills to academic enrichment and technology readiness to enable them to be literate, productive, and accomplished in the workplace, home, and community.
1. Intake and orientation (with friendly, supportive staff)
2. Academic assessment (related to basic skills in the work-place and post-secondary education)
3. Learning style inventories (determining best learning modes)
4. Aptitude and career interest surveys (matching jobs to an individual’s skills and interests)
5. Referral to support services (childcare, transportation, literacy, etc.)