The Multimedia Publishing Program of Study focuses on careers related to producing digital content: writing, video production, audio podcasts, social media marketing, photography, graphic design, web content development, and content management. Students in this program get hands-on experience creating multimedia campaigns.
Students will have full access to a digital studio consisting of Macintosh computers, Adobe software, and Canon products. Students will work directly with professionals from local organizations and businesses, as well as the other programs at FIT.
All digital products will be published on FIT Media’s website, social media channels like Facebook and YouTube, as well as professional outlets like West Virginia Public Broadcasting and The Fayette Tribune.
Instructor Keith Doherty
Mr. Doherty’s career has been a hybrid of producing digital content and showing others the path to creating their own. As a freelancer and a producer at a boutique digital agency for over fifteen years, he’s had the opportunity to take on extensive multimedia projects and numerous job roles for a wide-range of clients.
This experience has served as the framework for his Multimedia Publishing program. As an English teacher in Fayette County, Mr. Doherty saw the need for a program that would develop relevant digital skills for students as they entered the workforce.
Using his connections within the creative field and professional organizations around the state, FIT Media students will be immersed in creating content for county schools, local organizations, newspapers, radio stations, and mainstream businesses. Every piece of content produced by FIT Media goes live for the world to see.
Education & Experience:
- Producer at WELD, A Digital Agency
- Freelance Multimedia Producer: Videography, Photography, Podcasting, Copywriting, Web Design, Content Management, Social Media Marketing
- Videographer for numerous outdoor industry outfitters
- B.S. English Writing, Slippery Rock University
- Alternative Teaching Certificate Program, University of Virginia
- Professional Teaching Certificate: English 05-AD, West Virginia
- Career Technical Certificate: Communications Technology 05-AD, West Virginia