An adult student must:
1. Make application for admission through the Financial Aid Advisor at Fayette Institute of Technology.
2. Be assessed, using the TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) exam, at a local WorkForce WV Career Center or FIT Adult Education program prior to being considered for admission into secondary or adult programs.
3. Agree to abide by the rules and regulations adopted by the Fayette County Board of Education and FIT.
4. Possess a high school diploma or TASC/GED to qualify for Title IV assistance.
5. Meet other requirements unique to each program of study that are identified in the school brochure/syllabus for that program.
6. Understand that admission to a particular class is contingent upon availability of space, aptitude, and pre-requisites being met by the student.
7. Successfully pass a background check. The background check must be completed within 30 days of first day of class, and any expenses incurred are the responsibility of the student. Convictions of any sort can be grounds for dismissal.
Dates to Apply
|School of Practical Nursing||TBA|
Tuition and Fees
|School of Practical Nursing||$0||$1000||$1000||$2405||$4405|
Financial Aid Information
Before you can begin your new class, we need to determine your financial aid eligibility.
FIT (day and evening) programs are eligible for the following types of financial aid:
- Pell Grants (We do not process federal student loans)
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) (304-253-3611)
- Veterans Affairs (https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/)
- Department of Health and Human Services
- WV Division of Rehabilitation Services (http://www.wvdrs.org/)
Step 1: Apply for a FSA I.D www.fsaid.ed.gov
Step 2: Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov for 2021-2022
The Federal School Code for FIT is 030765. A Pell Grant (FAFSA) for 2021-2022 is based on your 2019 Federal Income Taxes.
WIOA – Call the Workforce WV Career Center and make an appointment. 1.304.253.3611. If you are determined eligible, WIOA will cover expenses not covered by a Pell Grant, up to $5,000. You could also receive as much as $100 per week while attending classes.
- A FAFSA application must be on file with the Financial Aid Advisor before your eligibility for WIOA can be completed.
VA – If you are a Veteran, most FIT programs are approved for VA training. Please provide a copy of your DD214.
For more information:
Financial Aid Advisor
304-469-2911, Option 3