The Computer Technology curriculum offers four semesters of dynamic, professional information technology training. The course material is delivered over the Web including the lessons, practice quizzes, labs, and exams that can be reviewed at home. This program is open to juniors and seniors.
Instructor Derrick Adkins
Mr. Adkins brings over fifteen years of computer and IT experience to his program.
After three years working as a computer technician for Fayette County Board of Education, he transferred to FIT where he has instructed for over twelve years.
His vision is to create a simulated computer hardware and network learning environment that mimics the standards of today’s home and business technology requirements and prepare students for the demanding requirements of IT employees.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. Career & Technical Education, WVU Tech
- Associates Degree, Computer Technology, West Virginia Junior College
- Associates Degree Internet/Network Technology, West Virginia Junior College
- CompTIA A+ Certified
- CompTIA Network+ Certified
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer
The coursework prepares students for:
- CompTIA A+
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Cisco Networking Academy
- CompTIA Network+
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)